Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Geblek khas Kulon progo Yogya

Geblek is a kind of snack in kulon progo Yogya and i didn't find at kuala lumpur Actually I'm still a little bit confused which one Kanji is. Is it Tapioca or Sagoo starch. In this recipe, I used Tapioca for 2 reasons. First is because actually both starch are similiar. And second one is because that's the only starch I have in my kitchen... ;-p

In Yogya, we can find this fried snacks easily in 'Tukang Gorengan' (I dont know how to translate it to English, sorry ;-p). Thats how we call someone who sells Fried Snacks in Indonesia. If you want to know the taste of this Geblek... well, just imagine how it will be when you bite a rubber... ;-p. I mean, the food is very elastic, especially when it is alerday cold. So eat them when they are stilll hot... By the way, I really enjoy chewing it when it's cold.. hehehe

100 grams kanji --> Tapioca Starch
1 tea spoon all purpose flour
75 ml santan
1/2 tea spoon white pepper powder
1 tea spoon salt
1 garlic clove, pasted

1 stick of spring onion, finely chopped.

Mix all the ingredients until well-combined. Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry 1 spoon of the batter until become golden yellow and dry. Do it to the remaining batter. Remove from oil.
Enjoy it when it is still warm...

No comments:

Post a Comment